Frederick William Denkewalter
birth: 22 January 1842 in Germany
death: 28 Jun 1914 at Spencer, Owen Co., IN
burial: Crown Hill Cemetery, Indianapolis, Marion Co., IN
marriage (1): date unknown
marriage (2): 21 Feb 1878, Marion Co., IN
Children of Frederick William Denkewalter and Elizabeth Hoyer:
- Olga Denkewalter, b. 1 Sep 1872, d. 13 Jan 1946, m. Ottmar Meguschar
- Alfred F. “Fred” Denkewalter, b. 5 Jul 1874, d. 11 May 1964, m. Cora C. Ritter
Children of Frederick William Denkewalter and Mary/Mariah Koller:
- Walter Edward Denkewalter
- Otto Edward Denkewalter
- Mary Denkewalter
- Oscar Denkewalter
Frederick William Denkewalter lived In:
- 1876- He was reported to be a practicing physician in LaPorte County, Indiana
- 1880- Marion County, Indiana
- 1889- Granted license to practice medicine in Owen County, Indiana
- 1914- Died at Spencer, Owen County, Indiana
Frederick William Denkewalter also lived In:
- Born in Germany (variously noted as Baden Baden and Prussia)
- Michigan (daughter Olga was born there in 1872)
- Illinois (son Alfred was born there in 1874)
- Chicago, Illinois (graduated Rush Medical College there, also in 1874)
Very little is known about Frederick William Denkewalter‘s first marriage.
After his death, the grounds of Denkewalter’s Owen County sanitarium were sold to the state and became McCormick’s Creek State Park, the first state park in Indiana.
In the earlist records, he is identified as Walter Denke or F. Walter Denke.
Submitter is not related to this Hoosier ancestor.