James Boyd Williams
b. 20 July 1796, Sevier County, Tennessee, to William and Rachel (Kemp) Williams
d. 11 July 1883, Mt. Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa
m. 14 August 1817, Union County, Indiana
b. 14 October 1798, Campbell County, Virginia, to Latham and Huldah (Butler) Stanton
d. 19 June 1873, Salem, Henry County, Iowa
Children with Hepzibah Stanton:
• Matilda Butler (1818-1841/42) married Hamett Graham
• Lilbern J. (b. 1820) married Emma Gilken
• Frederic S. (b. 1822) married Mary Park
• Lydia Minerva (1827-1892) married Benjamin Franklin Hord
• William Lewis (1831-1832)
• Addison Rankin (b. 1836) married Sarah J. Hord
James immigrated to Indiana in 1814, probably from Jefferson County, Tennessee. He left in 1846 for Ft. Madison, Iowa.
Because the Quaker records indicated the family moved from Chatham, Orange County, North Carolina, to Surry County, North Carolina about 1794, it was not certain whether James Boyd was born in North Carolina or Tennessee. When a copy of his death record was located in Mt. Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa, it stated his place of birth was “East Tennessee,” and a copy of his 1883 obituary stated he was born in “Severe” County, Tennessee.
Jacqueline Frank Strickland