Henry George Keilman
b. 2 January 1855, Perry County, Indiana, to Jacob and Katharine (Knieriem) Keilman
d. 13 April 1925, Aledo, Mercer County, Illinois
m. 29 June 1884, Perry County, Indiana
Carolina Carrie Anna Ploch
b. 15 January 1856, Perry County, Indiana
d. 16 May 1931, Aledo, Mercer County, Illinois
Children with Carolina Carrie Anna Ploch:
- Burton “Burt” Wesley Clarence (b. 1885) married (1) Adeline Goffinet, (2) Pearl Glenn Rosenbaum
- Alta Suzanna (1887-1950) married Jesse Omer Waggoner
- Ernestine “Tena” Catherine (1890-1945) married Clyde Holmes
- Carrie May (b. 1893) married Frank A. Little
- Corinne (1897-1976) married Melvin Kenneth Bellows
Henry resided in Oil Township, Perry County, Indiana. He moved to Mercer County, Illinois, about 1900.
Henry Keilman’s mother, a German immigrant, spoke no English, like many immigrant women of the time. Henry stayed in Indiana in spite of plans to move to Illinois after a younger brother raced off to that same location, until his mother died and could be buried with her husband. By the time Henry arrived in Illinois, the best farmland was already occupied.