ROBERT MERRIFIELD BRENTON
b. 9 August 1855, Bainbridge Township, Dubois County, Indiana, to John Borders and Ruth Miller (Heady) Brenton
d. 26 October 1935, Indiahoma, Comanche County, Oklahoma
m. 25 October 1877, Ireland, Dubois County, Indiana
Sarah Belle Dillin
b. 25 March 1859, Bainbridge Township, Dubois County, Indiana, to Samuel and Jane (McMahan) Dillin
d. 19 May 1931, Indiahoma, Comanche County, Oklahoma
Children with Sarah Belle Dillin:
- Rupert Asa (1878-1962) married Frances T. Carnahan
- Ruel Obed (1880-1968) married Catherine Emerson
- Berthel (1882-1883)
- Sylvan Bryan (1883-1939) married (1) Hannah Marguerite Carnahan, (2) Becky Wooten
- Altha Belle (1887-1961) married LeGrande Lee Wright
- Alma Jane (1889-1974) married Frank Goumaz
- Robert Edgar (1891-1966) married Edna Marie Johnson
- Ruby Ruth (1893-1941) married Emmet Alvin Jones
Both Robert and his wife, Sarah, were born and raised in the Scotch-Irish community near Ireland, Dubois County, Indiana.
Robert was a carpenter and moved his family west as the railroads opened the west with opportunities for those with building skills. By September 1878, they were in Walton, Kansas, and by March 1891 had moved on to Pueblo, Colorado.
In 1893 they moved back to the Kansas-Oklahoma area where Robert took part in making the Cherokee Strip Run. He homesteaded 11 miles northwest of Enid, Oklahoma, about four miles west and one mile south of Kremlin.
Radine Brenton Weedon